Call for Panel Proposals
We are seeking thought-provoking, forward-looking, and engaging panels to discuss and debate issues centric to BIG's scope. The ideal panel would bring conflicting and/or controversial views to the stage. Allocating ample time for audience participation is encouraged. Submission format: Panel organizers should submit a panel proposal in PDF format via https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=big2014 with the following details:
- Name(s) and affiliation(s) of organizer(s).
- Main theme of panel and 3-4 examples of specific issues to be discussed. Please explain and motivate the importance of this topic.
- Proposed length and format of the panel.
- List of potential panelists (names and affiliations). We do not expect the panelists to necessarily be confirmed at submission time, but we are interested in who you plan to invite. That said, please note any potential panelists who have already agreed to participate should the panel be accepted.
- Submission deadline (extended): Friday, January 10th, 2014.
- Notification: Friday, February 7th, 2014.
- Full panel specification for accepted panels is due Friday, February 28th, 2014.