Call for Presentation and Demonstration Proposals
We invite proposals for contributed talks and demonstrations that highlight novel developments in the foundations,infrastructure, applications and implications of big data. Proposals will be judged on the basis of thought leadership, technical novelty and application potential; pure corporate or product marketing is discouraged. Speculative work or significant works in progress are acceptable, but should be grounded in an important application. Accepted presentations are to be delivered in person by one of the authors at the conference in Seoul.
Topics of interest include:
- Analytic and statistical models for analyzing all types of big data
- Data visualization techniques
- Scalable, distributed data management: cloud architectures and beyond
- Scalable, parallel algorithms for big data environments
- Methods for large collections of unstructured data: text, images, video
- Streaming data and real-time applications
- Energy efficiency in big data systems
- Data protection, data integrity and provenance, data security
- Privacy and policy issues regarding big data applications - Models for sensor data and ubiquitous computing
Submission format and important dates:
- Authors should submit a 2-page proposal in PDF format that includes their names and affiliations through https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=big2014 .
- Submission deadline: Friday, January 10th, 2014.
- Notification: Friday, February 7th, 2014.